Monday, March 31, 2008

 
Save us from bad ideas!
Spring is a time we need to think of our space ship earth and how we can all do our bit to protect our life support system. To this end I was hoping that I would be seeing political leadership flowing toward conservation. However, after reading Saturdays Star I see that the current Liberal government in Ontario is giving $17.1 million to Ford to reopen their Windsor engine plant to produce V8 engines. Yes our auto sector needs support but to produce V8 engines I ask you what are they thinking!! Now if it was to produce more efficient 4 cylinder engines or hybrid engines I could see it. With the need to conserve energy and to protect our climate and a trend by the buying public away from larger motors I believe this is good money going after a very bad idea.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?